Dr.José María Viedma Marti
José M. Viedma is a Doctor of Industrial Engineering, a graduate in Economics and Professor of Business Administration at the U.P.C., Polytechnic University of Catalonia in Barcelona, Spain. He teaches on the subject of knowledge management, intellectual capital management and organisational learning.
He has held top executive positions in computer services and management consultancy firms. He is the president of "Intellectual Capital Management Systems" and a founding partner of "M.A. Fusiones y Adquisiciones".
He is a regular speaker in International conferences and congresses on Knowledge Management, Intellectual Capital Management and knowledge-based development such as World Congress on Intellectual Capital and Innovation (WCICI), European Conference on Knowledge Management(ECKM), “International Conference on Knowledge Management” (I-Know) and the “Internacional Conference on Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management” (ICICKM).
He is an advisory board member of the following journals:
- Journal of Intellectual Capital
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management
- Journal: Knowledge Management Research and Practice
His current field of research and interest is focused on knowledge and intellectual capital management and he has consulted and developed management frameworks and systems world wide on those matters.
Among them the most relevant methodologies and frameworks are:
- OICBS Operations Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System.
OICBS is a new strategic management method and a new strategic management tool that allows companies to benchmark core competencies or intellectual capital against the world class best competitors of the same business activity.
- IICBS Innovation Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System
IICBS is both a new strategic management method and a new strategy management tool that allows companies to benchmark their core innovation capacities against the world-class competitors in their sector.
- SCBS Social Capital Benchmarking System
SCBS (Social Capital Benchmarking System) is both a new management method and a new management tool that identifies, audits and benchmarks the resources and capabilities or the social capital, existing in alternative cluster locations.
- CICBS Cities' Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System
The first systematic and complete methodology and framework for measuring and managing intellectual capital of cities.
- RICBS Region's Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System.
A methodology and framework for measuring and managing intellectual capital of regions.
- InCaS-Intellectual Capital Statement—Made in Europe. Know-how on creating, describing and developing intangible value in small and medium enterprises.
InCaS is a project for European businesses that addresses this issue and goes towards filling the gap. InCaS is a collaboration between leading academic institutes such as LSE, Fraunhofer and UPC who have a proven track record in producing output relevant to the market and a number of SME (small and medium enterprises) associations in five countries working with real live SME companies. InCaS aims to develop a way of being able to understand, value and represent Intellectual Capital for the benefit of companies internally but also to outside groups such as the financial community for further and better exploitation.
- MIKE Project. (Management of Intangibles in the Knowledge-based Economy) New curriculum to train experts in the analysis, reporting and management of intangibles in the knowledge-based economy. This project create curricula for developing experts in the management of intangibles at the post-graduate level in six European and Asian partner institutions countries -Denmark, Spain, Italy, India, China and Vietman-.
- CADIC. Cross-Organisational Assessment and Development of Intellectual Capital. CADIC addresses the aim of the European charter for small enterprises to “Foster the involvement of small
enterprises in inter-firm cooperation at local, national, European and international levels” to enhance
competitiveness for all involved stakeholders.
Some outstanding publications are listed below:
- "Excelencia Empresarial" McGraw Hill Madrid 1992.
- "ICBS Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System". Journal of Intellectual Capital, MCB University Press. U.K. 2001
- "ICBS Innovation Capability Benchmarking System". World Congress on Intellectual Capital Readings. Butterworth Heinemann. 2002
- "An emerging new intellectual capital paradigm." The Knowledge Management Aston Conference. (KMAC 2003) Aston Business School.UK. 2003
- SCBS Social Capital Benchmarking System". Journal of Universal Computer Science (J.UCS) Volume 9 (2003) Issue 6 p.p.501-509. Graz University of Technology, Austria.
- "In search of an general intellectual capital general theory". Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management(EJKM).Vol.1 Issue 2 December 2003. England.
- "CICBS: Cities' Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System. A methodology and a framework for measuring and managing intellectual capital of cities. A practical application in the city of Mataró". Journal:"Knowledge Management Research & Practice (KMRP)" Vol.2 Number 1 April 2004.UK.
- "SBIC Strategic Benchmarking of Intellectual Capital. An intellectual capital strategic management methodology and strategic information system." Journal of Universal Computer Science (J.UCS) conference proceedings 2004 - Iknow-04 Graz, Austria.
- "Strategic knowledge Benchmarking System (SKBS): a knowledge-based strategic management information system for firms." Journal of Knowledge Management. Volume 8 , Number 6, 2004.
- “ICBS Intellectual Capital Benchmarking System””. In the "Journal of Technology Management”. 2000 Volume 20, Nos 5/6/7/8 ISSN 0267-5730.
- • “The region´s intellectual capital benchmarking system: enabling economic growth through evaluation”. In collaboration with Blanca Martins Rodriguez. “Journal of Knowledge Management” . Volume 10 Number 5 2006. ISSN 1367-3270.
- “Managing personal human capital for professional excellence: an attempt to desing a practical methodology”. In collaboration with Mihaela Enache. Journal: “KMRP (Knowledge Management Research and Practice”. March 2008 Volume 6 Number 1.
Professional and scientific board memberships:
- ACAV. (Value Analysis Catalan Association).
- AED (Spanish Managers' Association).
- CIC. (Knowledge Research Center) Autonomous University of Madrid. Scientific park of Madrid. http://www.forodelconocimiento.com/
- CSIC (Knowledge Latin American Comunity).
- Intelllectual Capital Group (Performance Management Association) Cranfield School of Management. http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/cbp/pma/
- KMpro (Knowledge Management Professional Society). Advisory Board member.
- Founder member and Spain's ambassador of "The new club of paris" (Knowledge Based Development). http://new-club-of-paris.org
Organising committee memberships:
- European Conference of Knowledge Management. (ECKM)
- International Conference on Knowledge Management. (I-Know)
- International Conference on Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management (ICICKM).
- European Conference on Intellectual Capital (ECIC-2011).
Professional and scientific associations memberships:
- ACAV- Asociación Catalana de Análisis del Valor (Value Analysis Catalan Association)
- AED- Asociación Española de Directivos (Spanish Managers' Association).
- Asociación de Ingenieros Industriales. (Industrial Engineers' Association)
- CEDE- Confederación Española de Directivos y Ejecutivos (Managers and Executives Spanish Confederation).
- Círculo de Economía.
- Colegio de Economistas de Cataluña (Catalan Economists' Association)
Copyright © 2013 Dr. José María Viedma Marti.